Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Visit to the Fire Station

On Wednesday of last week we went to visit the firefighters that came to our house the night Haven had her seizure. Jake made them a card that showed their fire truck in front of our house. I wish that I had taken a picture of it for all to see. We also took them some yummy goodies from Paradise Bakery. The guys there that night were not the ones that came to our house but it was still nice to talk with them. They were so nice. As soon as we walked in the asked Jake if he had been to a fire department before and if he wanted to go on a tour. He said yes of course and they showed him EVERYTHING. He got to go in the trucks, hold an axe, see all the switches, radios etc. They even hooked up the fire hose and let him blast it for a few minutes. Actually, after a few minutes Jake said that he could no longer hold it, it was to heavy. He had a great time and we really appreciate how great they were with the kiddos. Enjoy a few pics from the Fire Station.






4 comments:

Kim said...

Great pictures! And what a fun little outing! I love the picture of Jake holding the axe. It looks heavy!! Way to go, Jake! :)

Jill Atkinson said...

I haven't checked blogs in forever . . . you guys have been through the ringer! I am so happy that Haven is okay and will pray that it won't happen again. Take care!

Jill Atkinson said...

my new name is bye now :) Jill

jaime mcnab said...

What Fun!!!! Great pictures!!!