Friday, September 17, 2010

Texas Reunion- Grandmothers Funeral

The kids and I spent another week in Paris Texas this summer for my Grandmothers Funeral. It was such an emotional week but at the same time it was so nice to be with the whole family for that lenght of time. We did so many fun things while we were there: swimming, going to movies and lots of visits with Granddaddy and Grandmother before she passed away was wonderful. I am so thankful for the time that the kids and I spent in Texas 2 weeks before this week and for the time I spent with her while she was in a coma and that I was able to say good bye. She was such a wonderful person and she will be missed. I am so thankful that I will see her again one day in heaven.
Here are some pictures of out trip. There were so many that I had a hard time picking which ones to post.



Haven giving us a Rap show.

The whole family after the funeral

Out at the Ranch shooting guns

Jake and Regan out at the Ranch. Jake eating his first chicken leg (off the bone).

Haven out at the Ranch watching the big kids play on the water slide

Me, Haven, Mima, and Papa watching the fireworks

The kids watching TV at the assisted living where Grandmother and Granddaddy live.

Me and Granddaddy at the assisted living forth of July Party

Some of the great-grandkids with Granddaddy at the Forth of July Party

Jake and his 2nd cousins swimming

Jake and Granddaddy playing Angry Birds on the itouch

2 comments:

Kim said...

What a sweet time with family, bittersweet, but sweet. :) I think it's just wonderful that you had such special grandparents. By the way, LOVE that picture of Haven sitting on the grass. Beautiful baby girl!

MDM said...

I love how you treasure your Grandmother and all the memories you two made together. What a blessing to know she is in Heaven and you got to celebrate that with family! Love you. Cute kid pix, too!