Our next visit was to go see my Grandparents in Paris Texas. We drove to Paris on Saturday after we spent our time with my Brother and Carly on Saturday. We spent the whole day with Grandmother and Granddaddy on Sunday and half the day Monday. I am so thankful for the time that I got to spend with them both. Granddaddy is 90 and Grandmother is 85. They had been in a Rehab center for the past approx. 80 days. Grandmother had broken her hip and Granddaddy had congestive heart failure. They looked very well for everything that they were going through. We left Paris on a Monday and they moved into their new assisted living place. They loved it. They had been there about a week, Grandmother had only good things to say about the place. (That was rare for her to be like that after she moved her out of her own house.) On June 24th she had a heart attack and on July 2 she passed away. More photos to come from that trip. I thank God everyday for the time that the kids and I were able to share with her. These pictures are great memories of the last time we got to spend with Grandmother.
Jake and Grandmother
Jake was always so sweet with her. She would always tell me how sweet of a boy he is and that she loved talking and playing with him. The day this picture was taken Jake and Grandmother had been playing football. Grandmother would just play from her bed.
Grandmother loved birds. As I was growing up she would tell us all about them and she had bird feeders outside her windows so she could watch them everyday.
Jake is into the Silly Bands lately and got Granddaddy and Grandmother each a pack. Granddaddy liked to say that he was a part of a pack with Jake and these Silly Bands. After this picture Jake took Granddaddy to eat lunch and Jake was passing out his own Silly Bands to some of the other men. God has sure given us a loving, caring, kind, sensitive, generous little boy. I love you Jake and I am so proud of the little boy that you are.

1 comment:
Your post made me cry. I had an unusually close relationship with my grandparents, it was wonderful. My life would not have been the same at all without them. I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother, but I know you are so very glad you all had this special time. Life is so precious and passes so quickly.
Post a Comment